SOCIEUX+ EU Expertise on Social Protection, Labour and Employment
We are a technical assistance facility which supports the creation of inclusive social protection systems and employment policies in countries around the world.
Since 2013, we have provided expert assistance to 185 different programs in 138 countries. Our goal is to foster peer-to-peer relationship among EU Member States and countries for the design and creation of fair social & employment systems.
How we work
We are a demand-driven facility. Institutions and countries can request technical assistance from SOCIEUX+ in the areas of social protection, employment and labour.
Our actions and activities are based on the following principles:
- Demand -drivenProcesses and goals are driven by partner countries and institutions.
- Diversification of expertiseMulti-country, multi-sectoral expertise allows us to provide the best technical assistance.
- High qualityDelivering high-quality technical assistance.
- Institutional collaborationFostering relationships between EU Member States. Partner Countries and Institutions.
- Knowledge developmentCapitalising on existing knowledge and contributing to the creation of new understanding.
- Partnership-basedActions complement and create synergies with existing development programmes.
- OwnershipRequests and actions are driven by the demands and needs of Partner Countries and Institutions.
- Peer-to-peer experienceCollaboration is based on peer-to-peer approaches between institutions, experts and practitioners.
- Public expertiseExpertise comes from the public institutions of EU Member States.
- Results-based managementActions are always focused on achieving set results.
- Short termActions have a short and concrete nature, comprising 1 to 4 activities.
- South-South and triangular cooperationSupporting cooperation between two or more Partner Countries and/or between Partner Countries and EU Member States.
The SOCIEUX+ themes of Social Protection & Employment are key components of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Many of the 17 goals in this agenda, contain implicit or explicit references to social protection & employment.
Social protection forms an integral part of: Goal 1 – No Poverty, Goal 5 – Gender Equality and Goal 10 – Reduced Inequalities. Fair employment and labour are core components in the execution of Goal 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth.
SOCIEUX+’s work also contributes to: Goal 2 – Zero Hunger, Goal 3 – Good Health & Well Being and Goal 4 – Quality Education
SOCIEUX+ is a technical assistance facility set up and co-funded by the EU through the European Commission Directorate for Development and Cooperation (EuropeAid) and the goverments of France, Spain, and Belgium, and implemented by a partnership composed of:
Latest from SOCIEUX+
SOCIEUX+ accompanies the launch of the new National Organization of State Institutions of the Social Security in Mexico (ONIESS).